29 09, 2021

What Exactly Are These Additional Maintenance Services?

By |September 29th, 2021|Uncategorized|0 Comments

https://youtu.be/LTUIQ_FBwqA Over the past few weeks we've been sending out our first batch of Maintenance Service Proposals for the 2021 and 2022 tax years. I'm excited to get those out, and to hear what people think about them, and to start answering questions that clients have.  One of the questions that's popped up at least [...]

25 09, 2021

Mutual Flourishing vs Maximizing Stock Price

By |September 25th, 2021|Uncategorized|0 Comments

https://youtu.be/50muzXQZt04 One of the things I've been working with my team on this summer is getting very clear about what our purpose is. Why do we exist as a business? Our official Statement of Purpose is that We provide tax services and business advice to individuals and small business owners to make life better for [...]

1 09, 2021

We’re Changing Our Approach to Tax Returns, and It Starts Now

By |September 1st, 2021|Uncategorized|0 Comments

Way back in 2013, I moved my family to Bend and started Joshua A Jordan CPA so I could help small business owners make good decisions to make life better for themselves, their families, and their communities.  Over the last 8 years we’ve been focused on making sure that our clients can get an accurate [...]

27 03, 2017

Tax Extensions-Frequently Asked Questions

By |March 27th, 2017|Uncategorized|0 Comments

Did life get the better of you this year, and despite your best efforts, it just doesn’t look like you’ll be able to file your tax returns by the deadline? If so, filing an extension could be a great option for you. If you’ve never filed an extension before, you probably have questions about what [...]

20 03, 2017

Pay Less in Taxes-Keep a Mileage Log

By |March 20th, 2017|Uncategorized|0 Comments

When you drive your car for work, it probably doesn’t show up on your Statement of Profit and Loss, but it could be a significant tax deduction for your small business. If you aren’t keeping good records of your business miles, you could be needlessly throwing away hundreds (or thousands) of dollars every year, by [...]

20 02, 2017

Save Money on Tax-Prep by Organizing Your Small Business Records

By |February 20th, 2017|Uncategorized|0 Comments

When you’re new to the world of self-employment, getting your first tax returns filed can be especially confusing. Even if you kept good records, there may still need to be some work done to get them organized so your tax returns can be prepared. Ideally, you’d be able to walk into my office with a [...]

13 02, 2017

New Tax Return Due Dates for Businesses in 2017-Is Your Business Ready?

By |February 13th, 2017|Uncategorized|0 Comments

New for 2017, the IRS has swapped the due dates for Partnership tax returns and C Corporation tax returns. This is a move that makes sense, but if you aren’t paying attention, you could get caught off-guard and wind up facing some hefty penalties if you file late under the new rules. Who Does this [...]

30 01, 2017

Which Tax Return Do I File for My Business?

By |January 30th, 2017|Uncategorized|0 Comments

Form 1040, Schedule C, Form 1065, Form 1120 or 1120S? What's the right answer for your business? When you start a new business, you probably already know that you’ll have to file and pay income taxes. But how do you know where to report the income and expenses for your business? The correct tax form [...]

18 01, 2017

Top Frequently Asked Questions for the Beginning of Tax Season

By |January 18th, 2017|Uncategorized|0 Comments

As we get closer to the start of the filing season for your 2016 income tax returns, more and more people are starting to ask me questions about how to get ready and what to expect this year. If you’re looking to get a quick overview of the basics, this is the Q&A for you. [...]

9 01, 2017

There’s a New Due Date for Filing Your 1099s With The IRS, and the Penalties Can Be YUUUUUGE.

By |January 9th, 2017|Uncategorized|0 Comments

If you’ve been in business for a while, at some point you’ve probably paid an independent contractor to provide services for your business. If you’ve paid an independent contractor $600 or more during one year, you may also know that you’re required to issue them a Form 1099-MISC and send a copy to the IRS. [...]